Job Opening: Executive Assistant
May 29th 2019 9:52 am | Posted in
to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Office administration and administrative support to staff and senior managers.
Terms: 2-3 days a week, 1 year fixed term contract (extendable).
Salary: 22K-25K annual salary, pro rata.
Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to our office and lab
staff, as well as to senior management
– particularly diary management, correspondence, meeting organisation and
support (this will include some travel into London
and Guildford from time to time).
Additionally, there would be a level of maintaining and implementing online
filing systems, project management and ensuring realistic deadlines are set and
met. We would also like the Executive Assistant to work closely with our Media
Team, creating internal and external written communication, preparing
communications around keynote presentations and videos, and as part of a team
able to take responsibility for maintaining the company website and social
media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), and producing our e-newsletter.
will need excellent communication skills and self-motivation with a passion to
help the business to grow. We are in a fast-moving industry and you should have
a strong work ethic, high energy levels and a focus on delivering excellent
service. It would be great if you have administration skills in either a recruitment,
sales or IT environment, and previous marketing, communications and social
media experience is a plus.
importantly, using your own initiative and wanting to play a key role in a
successful team, are the key attributes we look for. You will be learning all
the time and working closely with the leaders of the business who will invest
time in you. Ideally you will be a car driver as travelling may be required.
a nutshell, we are looking for a hero to keep the sanity of our Management team,
who will thrive with checklists and play a key role in communicating both the
mission and the message of the company.
are a young, vibrant and exciting start-up company looking for new talent that
can grow with our company in the Materials and Manufacturing sectors. Our
ambition is to be the world’s leader in microfiltration and particle
mission is to “improve quality of life through innovation” in the areas of
health, the environment and human causes. We have won several awards since we
were born in 2013, and we are one of only 2 British companies to have been
awarded a Horizon 2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 grant. This means that we will be
expanding significantly in the next years and we are one step closer to see our
work making a truly global impact.
Key Responsibilities and Authorities
office equipment, stationary and other office resources.
a clean and enjoyable working environment.
external or internal communication or management systems.
arranging and coordinating meetings (inc. preparing meeting agendas, performing
research for meetings, and taking minutes during meetings).
business travel arrangements.
- Manage the
diaries and schedules of senior management.
- Support HR,
and recruitment duties, including onboarding new staff members and training new
employees where necessary.
and communicate internal team social events (we love going out!).
- Ensure the
company protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated, and
and enhance collaborative working relationships within the company and with our
- Research and
write briefing materials.
electronic filing systems, ensuring processes and software are up to date and
in working order.
projects and follow-up with team members where required.
- Liaise with
other staff members on behalf of senior management.
- Prepare and
deliver reports where necessary.
- Use and
update Basecamp, CharlieHR, or any other management software the company uses,
to keep on track all tasks and requirements. This includes observing all
instructions provided and abiding by the deadlines.
via teleconference in team meetings and in general providing such reports
concerning your duties as we may from time to time require.
All staff are expected to:
- Perform their work responsibly, conscientiously and to a high standard and to conduct themselves in accordance with the general rules and regulations of the company as notified from time to time;
- Promote the good name and the work of the organisation.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, procedures and other regulations agreed by the organisation.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to Equal Opportunities.
- Attend training, supervision, and meetings as required.
- Respond to emergencies outside office hours as required.
- Undertake any additional tasks that may be requested from time to time in keeping with the post.
- Observe and abide by the Staff Handbook, which will be made available to you.
- Previous experience in the role.
- Excellent written communication skills and command of the English language.
- Strong IT skills including a high level of proficiency in software programmes such as Word, Power Point, Excel and OneNote.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Works towards high standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Analytical with an eye for detail.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to juggle priorities and has effective coping strategies.
- Accepts accountability for results.
- Responds positively to change, ambiguity, adversity and pressure.
- Team player who is proactive and energetic and keen to make things happen.
- Flexible and will to contribute by helping others.
- Can-Do attitude.
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- Experience in working with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Experience in working in a Marketing, Media or Communications Department.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Confident in the decision-making process.
- Outgoing and resilient with a sense of humour.
- Car driver.
Deadline for Application: 25th June 2019.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.