Accountable to: Research & Product Manager
Terms: full time, 1 year fixed term contract
Location: Surrey Research Park, Guildford
Annual Salary: £20K – £24K
- The candidate will acquire first-hand experience with a successful start-up company and will learn to work under strict time deadlines and a very dynamic but friendly environment.
- He/she will learn to work with suspensions, materials, basic lab equipment, and will be working with a technology to fight Covid 19.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to hone and further develop his/her soft skills, such as presentation skills, brainstorming, problem solving, time management, out-of-the-box thinking, etc.
- This is a hands-on opportunity.
- He/she will identify the key parameters that lead to a successful materials process.
- He/she will engage in discussion with the rest of the team to ensure manufacturing problems are flagged timely and diligently.
- The company has regular performance review meetings to follow the development of all its employees.
We are a young, vibrant and exciting start-up company looking for new talent that can grow with our company in the Materials and Manufacturing sectors. Our ambition is to be the world’s leader in microfiltration, particle separations technology and antimicrobial coatings.
Our mission is to “improve quality of life through innovation” in the areas of health, the environment and human causes. We have won several awards since we were born in 2013, including a Horizon 2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 grant. This means that we have been expanding significantly in the past years and we are one step closer to see our work making a truly global impact.
Key Responsibilities and Authorities
We are looking to employ a junior engineer to perform the following tasks:
1. Support the scientific staff by executing, validating and updating experimental protocols, compiling, filing and analysing scientific data.
2. Help the engineering staff by operating, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment.
3. Hands on help with manufacturing activities by strictly following standard operating procedures. Writing, appraising and upgrading standard operating procedures.
4. Engage with external partners such as suppliers, distributors and external laboratories.
All staff are expected to:
- Perform their work responsibly, conscientiously and to a high standard and to conduct themselves in accordance with the general rules and regulations of the company as notified from time to time;
- Promote the good name and the work of the organisation.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, procedures and other regulations agreed by the organisation.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to Equal Opportunities.
- Attend training, supervision and meetings as required.
- Respond to emergencies outside office hours as required.
- Undertake any additional tasks that may be requested from time to time in keeping with the post.
- Observe and abide by the Staff Handbook, which will be made available to you.
- BSc degree in Science or Engineering or a student of Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Chemistry
- Problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Optimistic attitude and self-confidence
- Dexterity in a general laboratory or technical workshop
- Capacity to establish relationships between experiments and expected results and ability to communicate this to the team and managers online
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling Software – AutoCAD, SolidWorks
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.